Monday, July 18, 2011

Hi Everyone!

I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to create a blog to introduce myself, but here goes!

My name is Yuki Mizuma and I apologize beforehand for the posts being written in English since my Japanese isn't very strong :] I was born in New Jersey, moved around a bit, and came back to NJ. Both my parents are Japanese and while I can understand it well and speak enough to get by, I'm not the greatest at it. I'm a photojournalism major and I hope to work as a humanitarian photojournalist when I get older.  I also love reading, exploring, eating, hanging out with my friends, watching movies, and anything to do with makeup and nail polish :]

Because I'm full Japanese but my skills were so lacking, I decided to take JPS101 when I first came to SU. That's when I heard about the JSA and decided to join.  I didn't realize how much I missed being around people who spoke Japanese and hearing the language until I went to the first meeting.  Then, I was hooked.  JSA is such a great way to meet new people and you all have a common interest or heritage so it's easy to feel comfortable.  I'm so glad and honored to have the opportunity to come back to 'Cuse in the fall and be an officer for the JSA.

I hope that everyone is having a great summer! I'm at work right now at a graphic design and photography studio.  We have photoshoots at least once a week, and I get to learn a lot so I absolutely love this job.  I've been working at SJ Communication Design for three years now so feel free to check out the website! (http://sjdesignstudio.com/)

See you all in a little over a month!

- Yuki Mizuma

No comments:

Post a Comment